PolyPacific has extensive experience in polypropylene compounds specifically developed for the automotive sector. Some of the grades we offer to this industry segment are:
- Talc-filled custom coloured polypropylene compounds
- Mar resistant, UV and heat stabilised variants
- Typically used for interior trim and under bonnet applications
- Impact modified polypropylene compounds
- Typically used for high impact applications such as bumper facias and instrument panels
- Glass fibre reinforced polypropylene compounds – for rigid components such as fan blades
- High heat resistant polypropylene compounds- for components exposed to elevated temperatures
- Unfilled custom coloured polypropylene compounds – including mar resistant, UV and heat stabilised variants
- Interior trim applications
Applications range from bumper facias weighing several kilograms to control knobs weighing a few grams.
Processes include injection moulding, low pressure moulding, blow moulding, sheet extrusion and thermoforming and profile extrusions.
Grades range from custom colours/stabilised homopolymer resin through to fully chemically coupled glass reinforced compounds, with many newer applications requiring tailor-made properties to optimise performance and minimise cost.